What is Christianity?
Christians model themselves on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus taught people to love God and love their neighbour.
Christians believe that God sent Jesus to live as a human being in order to save humanity from the consequences of its sins - the bad things humanity had chosen to do which had separated them from God.
Christians believe that through the death and resurrection of Jesus this broken relationship with God is restored.
- Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah promised in the Old Testament
- Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- Christians believe that God sent his Son to earth to save humanity from the consequences of its sins.
- One of the most important concepts in Christianity is that of Jesus giving his life on the Cross and rising from the dead on the third day (the Resurrection).
- Christians believe that there is only one God, but that there are three elements to this one God:
- God the Father
- God the Son
- The Holy Spirit